Let’s talk about the top stories in Hollywood this week!
Entertainment Weekly shared a photo from Ralph Breaks the Internet in which Disney’s classic and modern princesses are seen lounging in comfortable clothes. According to Sarah Silverman, voice of Vanellope in the film, her character convinces the other princesses to adopt a more laid-back look, many of which feature references to each princess’ film. (Entertainment Weekly)
Gal Gadot is also joining the fun in Ralph Breaks the Internet. Gadot will voice Shank, a racer in the “wicked-dangerous” fictional game Slaughter Race. Ralph Break the Internet hits theaters on November 21. (Gal Gadot)
Equalizer 2 director Antoine Fuqua will meet with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige about directing a Marvel film. While Fuqua is excited about the opportunity, he’s also worried about relinquishing too much control to the studio. “For me it has to be the right one, in the right situation because there’s so much visual effects going on and – ‘Where’s the director in it all?’,” said Fuqua. “[Marvel Studios] has a machine…there’s the design, the whole thing is sketched out…Is the director doing that? Or is it a hundred other people?” (Hey U Guys)
Tom Holland released a video on Instagram in which he stands in from of a scene-in-progress for Spider-Man: Far from Home. The video features a stunt double taking the brunt of a tidal wave and being knocked back forcefully. Though there is little context, many have speculated that the tidal wave originates from Spider-Man villain Hydro-Man. Far From Home hits theaters in July 2019. (ScreenRant)
Jessica Chastain and Eddie Redmayne are in early talks to star in serial killer thriller The Good Nurse. The film is based on a true story about Charlie Cullen – known infamously as “The Angel of Death” – who was responsible for the deaths of over 300 people over 16 years. Redmayne would play Cullen, while Chastain would take on the role of “the nurse whose dogged pursuit helped end [Cullen’s] killing spree.” (Deadline)
Starting August 30 through September 6, Marvel Studios is re-releasing all MCU films exclusively in IMAX. The 20 films will rerun in order of their release, but only for limited showings. /Film has the full schedule. (/Film)
Disney announced the start of production on live-action Mulan with the first photo of Yifei Liu as the lead. Liu is shown posing with a katana. The Mulan remake is slated for a March 27, 2020 release. (Disney)
Just three days earlier, production was announced for live-action Dora the Explorer with a photo of Isabela Moner as teenage Dora. The film ages up the classic characters to their high-school years. The Michael Bay-produced film hits theaters August 2, 2019. (Twitter)
Ben Schwartz will voice Sonic the Hedgehog in the titular character’s live-action hybrid film. Schwartz’s character will be animated, while his enemy Dr. Robotnik will be played live by Jim Carrey. Paramount currently has the film slated for a November 15, 2019 release. (Variety)
Click below to watch the latest trailers.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet (November 21)
- What Men Want (January 11, 2019)
- Green Book (Thanksgiving 2018)
- CLIMAX (TBD)
- Crazy Rich Asians: This contemporary romantic comedy, based on a global bestseller, follows native New Yorker Rachel Chu to Singapore to meet her boyfriend’s family.
- Mile 22: An elite American intelligence officer, aided by a top-secret tactical command unit, tries to smuggle a mysterious police officer with sensitive information out of the country.
- Alpha: An epic adventure set in the last Ice Age, ALPHA tells a fascinating, visually stunning story that shines a light on the origins of man’s best friend.
- Juliet, Naked: Juliet, Naked is the story of Annie (the long-suffering girlfriend of Duncan) and her unlikely transatlantic romance with once revered, now faded, singer-songwriter, Tucker Crowe, who also happens to be the subject of Duncan’s musical obsession.